This project was so easy, even if you aren’t very skilled at sewing! The longest part of this was sewing by hand. If you have a sewing machine, this will be even quicker.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I got all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby! I scored some great fabric from their clearance section for $5, and the poly foam was on sale, too! I used my 40% off coupon on the sewing kit, but sometimes you can find those on sale for 50% off if you don’t already have one.
1. Measure and cut your fabric so you have an extra half inch on each side. For the size of this poly foam, you’ll need two pieces of fabric measuring 26″ x 26″.
2. Make sure that both pieces of fabric are facing inwards towards each other, so that you are looking at the back side of the pattern.
3. Sew 3 of the 4 sides together half of an inch in from the edge.
4. Turn the fabric right side out and place the foam in the fabric.
5. Stitch the last side up. Honestly, I wasn’t worried about how the last side looks because that’s the one going against the edge of the wall. Nobody will ever see that one.
6. Find the perfect spot for your cushion and enjoy!